NC LIVE is pleased to announce a new eBooks Portal webpage available now from the NC LIVE website.
The portal replaces a previous eBooks page that simply linked to each of NC LIVE’s eBook Collections. This new eBooks Portal makes it easier for users of the NC LIVE website to browse and search all of NC LIVE’s eBook content.
The new eBooks Portal page can be accessed by clicking on this link : http://nclive.org/browse/ebooks or by copying and pasting it into your browser’s address bar.
With over 20,000 eBooks spread across six different vendor collections, it can sometimes be difficult for users to explore all of the eBooks NC LIVE has to offer. The new NC LIVE eBooks Portal makes it easier for users to search across the eBook collections, and to explore individual collections that might interest them.
The eBooks Portal gives users easy access to:
- eBooks on EBSCOhost (24,600 titles): includes titles in Literature, Technology, Career & Self Help, how-to books, and more.
- ABC-CLIO (200 titles): includes titles in History, Literature, and more.
- MyiLibrary eBooks (370 titles, approximately 100 are downloadable): includes titles in History, the Social Sciences, Criminal Justice, and more.
- Learning Express Library (194 titles): eBooks on career development topics, test prep, and personal development.
- Open Library: NC LIVE has partnered with the Open Library to offer access to over 200,000 books published between 1924 and 1999. These eBooks cover many subjuects and include fiction, young adult, and children’s titles.
There’s also a new FAQ information that explains how to download eBooks from the collections that contain downloadable content and answers questions such as:
- What kind of eBooks are available through NC LIVE?
- Can I see a list of all of the titles that are downloadable to ePub-compatible devices?
- Are there any other downloadable eBook providers that offer content for free?
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact NC LIVE support.