I’ve been watching movies again. I’m sorry. I can’t help it. I love the old mythology genre, with their ginormous lumbering monsters and birds with wingspans so great, they have trouble getting off the ground.
I recently watched Jason and the Argonauts – again! It was filmed in 1963, so if you haven’t seen it, I think you can imagine the special effects.
I made notes.
– The High Priests all hale from Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
– Hydra had a whole lot of shakin’ goin’ on. “Here’s your sword, Jason! Stab here, no there, no here, no there.”
– I didn’t know granite would burn.
– It’s always Medea; she always gets it!
– Them bones, them bones, them dry bones – you can’t keep a good man down!
– “I haven’t had a hot meal in twenty years, you Harpies!”
– They threw Sponge Neptune Squarepants in the water and he swelled to 100 times his normal size!
– A passing sailor was heard to say, “If anything else comes up out of the sea, I’m going home on the Super Chief.”
– From the front of the temple, the Goddess looks just like Cindy Brady. Would that make her followers the Brady Bunch?
If you are easily entertained, as I am, give this one a try. But give me time to watch it just once more before I bring it back!